After 23 successful years as Dorking ARC we have rebranded as Finesse Accident Repair Centres
VW Accident Repairs in Horsham
The Most Common Breakdown Causes
There are few experiences as bad as suffering a traffic collision around town or breaking down on the motorway. However, these situations can feel so much worse if your insurance doesn’t include breakdown cover or the recovery of a vehicle involved in an accident. Even if you have breakdown cover, it is worth checking your policy. It may contain certain clauses and exclusions that could leave you stranded and desperate in your time of need.
Whether or not your insurance covers it, Dorking Accident Repair Centre offers car recovery for breakdowns and accidents in and around the Horsham area. We will then bring your vehicle back to our garage for approved BMW repairs, VW accident repairs, approved Volvo repairs or authorised Audi accident repairs, if necessary.
If you’re a policyholder, we will even take care of your insurance claims on your behalf, for your peace of mind.
Some of the most common causes of vehicle breakdowns across the UK include:
- Flat or Faulty Battery - Frequent driving helps to keep your battery charged. However, if you only ever use your car sparingly or to make short trips around Horsham, this may actually drain the battery. The personnel at our accident repair centre often undertake vehicle recoveries for breakdowns caused by battery issues. If you rarely drive long distances, we recommend charging your battery overnight, at least once a month.
As part of our authorised Audi accident repairs, and approved vehicle repairs for other manufacturers, we can also replace worn-out batteries, for your convenience.
- Flat Tyre - Some motorists in Horsham come to us for VW accident repairs after hitting a pothole and bursting a tyre. Others have suffered a puncture from a sharp object. Whatever the reason, flat and burst tyres result in countless breakdowns every year. The best way to combat this is to check that your tyres have the correct tread depth and tyre pressure.
At our accident repair centre, we carry out tyre checks and replacements as part of our approved BMW repairs and approved Volvo repairs. This ensures we get you back on the road as soon as possible.
- Misfuelling - It is easy enough to accidentally put the wrong type of fuel in your car. Believe it or not, our authorised Audi accident repairs even cover this particular scenario. If you realise you have placed diesel in your petrol car, or vice versa, don’t just drive away. Simply stay put and contact us to recover your car. We will pump out and replace the fuel.
Starting the engine or driving around Horsham with the wrong fuel can cause mechanical damage, resulting in the need for Audi, BMW, Skoda, Volvo and VW accident repairs.
- Electrical Issues - The electrical system of your vehicle controls everything from the radio to the headlights. Issues, such as blown fuses, faulty wiring and burned-out bulbs, may lead to other problems that result in a breakdown. Our approved Volvo repairs experts can recover your vehicle and bring it back to our accident repair centre, to run a full diagnostic on your electrical system.
As specialists in approved BMW repairs, authorised Audi accident repairs and more, we use the latest techniques and technologies to guarantee our work complies with manufacturer standards.
- Alternator Problems - If you keep experiencing battery issues or your headlights dim when your engine is idling, you may have a fault with your alternator. This means your engine will find it difficult to charge the battery as you drive around the Horsham area. Similarly, if your ignition warning light comes on, the belt driving your alternator might have broken.
Whether due to a breakdown or a traffic collision, Dorking Accident Repair Centre provides a comprehensive car recovery service. Not only will we collect your car and bring it back to our garage, but we will carry out whatever repair works are necessary to get your vehicle up and running again.
This is a service we also offer for trade and fleet customers with commercial vehicles.
Call us on 01306 743030 for car recovery services in Horsham, as well as approved BMW repairs, authorised Audi accident repairs, approved Volvo repairs and VW accident repairs.